As the holidays come, and life goes on, I find myself evaluating just who and where I am. There are times in my life when I’ve discounted my worth, lost faith in myself, and believed the people who said that I just wasn’t good enough. I resolve to make a conscious effort to banish these thoughts and beliefs from my mind. I know… I KNOW that none of them are true or real.
I’m learning and remembering that I’m able to acheive peace and happiness through the power of my own thoughts- my own beautiful mind. I know that I can do the things that I desire to do, and I will.
In the past I’ve admired people who boldly declared their intentions and goals for the whole world to hear. I was afraid that if I did, I’d be placing my failures on display if I didn’t succeed. I never considered my goals to be worthy of declaration. In a way, I was paving the path to my own failure because doubt clouded my ability and determination to succeed. As I sit and think today, I’m not afraid at all. I consider it a blessing and a wonderful opportunity to share myself right here, to put into words my aspirations for life and to record my thoughts along the way.
So, as a tribute to myself and the life I am building, here’s my list:
- I will be a Doctor of Psychology
- I will have a successful writing career
- I will be financially secure
- I will have a loving family- a spouse and children of my own
- I will have a home of my own where visitors are welcome, comfortable, and loved
- I will recognize each step of my journey for what it is worth
- I will appreciate those I come into contact with
- I will appreciate and love myself
- I will be joyful
I’m worthy of it all. Loving me. Yes, now I consider myself edified on the subject!