True Story Part 9

If you’re wondering why we hadn’t contacted the police earlier, let me explain. How often does the average person have the need to call the authorities? Hopefully, not that often. Until that time, I had never had reason. I was afraid to call the cops. I didn’t want them to think that I was the crazy one. I wanted them to have proof that this insane man was menacing and harassing and a serious threat. I was a little worried about Dristi’s visa status too.
The flier event was just the first to set off a chain of events involving the police or some type of government authority. Related to the flier incident or not, these are some of the charges filed: Dristi filed charges against Frank for abuse, and Eric filed for a restraining order against Frank. Frank, in return, filed for a restraining order against Eric.
There are almost too many instances to list, but for the sake of the story, I’ll try.

Eric went to pick up Dristi and the girls for dinner one evening. As they were leaving the house, Frank began to yell and push Dristi back into the house. He was grabbing at the girls and refused to let them leave. Frank was the one to call the police this time, which just further proves his insanity. The police arrived and told him that he couldn’t physically stop his wife from leaving. He stared at them blankly and said that he was waiting for the police to arrive. The two uniformed officers glanced at each other and said, “We are the police.” With their help Dristi and the girls were able to leave that night, but things were not getting better.
One day while I was at work, Eric called me. His voice was shaking, and I could hear his frustration, rage, fear… I could hear everything in his voice. He told me that Frank was on his way over to his house and that he was afraid of what was going to happen. I asked him if he wanted me to call the police, and at this point he had reached his emotional limit. He said he didn’t know- he didn’t know. I heard Frank in the background and then the phone went dead. I called the police. When they arrived Frank had run away, but they found him acting “suspiciously” a few blocks away. They questioned him and let him go. Luckily everyone involved escaped injury and imprisonment that day. I had feared for the worst, because the worst is what I was begining to expect.


2 thoughts on “True Story Part 9

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s